Monday 3 May 2021

Back to Target Books...

As I've said before, I started doing faux Doctor Who Target book covers as therapy when I was off work ill back in 2015. Eventually I'd done one for every single broadcast story (of varying degrees of quality) and it became a regular task to add to that collection with each new series. 

Anyhow, for some reason known only to my subconscious, I did a handful of covers for Sylvester McCoy's first series. (Actually, it might have been at the time because this season was announced as the next Blu-ray collection. Can't recall to be honest.)

It was the beginning of the year and we were in the middle of another restrictive lockdown so my anxiety levels were wobbling a bit. Needless to say I needed to occupy myself... 

So I ended up doing all the seasons from seventeen to twenty-six in the same style - a bit of Chris Achilleos at first combined with unusual colour choices for the stories. I had a bit of fun along the way but nearly all of them were serious attempts at producing something that was both a throw-back to a particular style of the early novelisations and something a bit different for each story. 

Since I'm rather late uploading these covers, I'm going to add them to the blog in order of seasons rather than in the order that I created them, starting with the seventeenth. I hope you like them. 







Some of these covers are available as 'exploded' versions on RedBubble.

If you've enjoyed viewing this page, then you can show your appreciation by purchasing my a coffee via my Ko-fi account here. Thank you.