Saturday 2 January 2021

The 2020 Doctor Who Christmas Special That Wasn't... Again!

There haven't been proper Christmas specials for Doctor Who since 'Twice upon a Time' in 2017. 

Since then, I've taken it upon myself to fill in the gap with my own takes on these festive sci-fi treats. Just a blu-ray cover or two together with a Radio Times cover to whet the appetite. 

Before you ask... Yes, I do have plots for these adventures in mind. 

If any Doctor Who showrunner has run out of Christmassy ideas for future specials, then they should contact me via the Twitter. 

My DMs are usually open. 


Here are the original two specials that I did for 2018 and 2019 - 'Hark the Weeping Angels Sing' (in which the WA's invade Earth using Christmas cards) and 'Daleks of Christmas Past' (in which the Daleks infiltrate a US town in the 1950s and plan to turn the inhabitants into drones under the cover of a mysterious and magical circus that's a bit like the one in 'The Seven Faces of Dr Lao' - Davros might even have been the eponymous Dr. Lao... I hadn't got there far in my head. Bit obvious though. Maybe make the Master the Ring MASTER instead now that we have him back on the show.)

Anyhow, this year's was tweeted out on Christmas Eve as part of a Christmas TV Specials of Old advent calendar. Here are the finished articles in full. You might even be able to read the text on these images...







Links to the previous ones:

The 2018 Christmas Special that wasn't.

The 2019 Christmas Special that wasn't.


If you've enjoyed this or any of the 300 odd post of this blog, then you can show your appreciation to the blogger by purchasing for him a nice coffee via his Ko-fi page - where you'll find a gallery of the tat he thinks is his best work. The link is here.