Saturday 4 April 2020

Target: Whittaker - part two

For some reason, I did a few Target book covers for the thirteenth Doctor that returned to the original 1974 design. I was reasonably pleased with the outcome of some of them. So much so, that I uploaded three of them to my RedBubble store . 

Later in the year, I returned to the idea and did the rest of Jodie Whittaker's premiere series. (I will upload those additional ones shortly for completeness.) 

So when it came to producing covers for series 12, it was a no-brainer that I'd return to this early style. 

Despite the lack of photographic material available both before and (surprisingly) after each episode was broadcast, I managed to complete each piece on time - some were even tweeted before the episodes aired. Spoiler-free of course. 

Here are the Target book covers in order. I'll some variants in a later post. 










If you enjoyed these little feasts of retro-art, then please consider buying me a coffee via my Ko-fi account. If you follow the link, you can also take time to browse the gallery of my least worst bit while you're there. Thank you.