Sunday 22 July 2018

Jodie Whittaker on old Doctor Who Annuals... continued...

The picture of the 13th Doctor on the cover of the second 5th Doctor annual (the 1985 one I think) seems to have gone down well on the Twitter. Well, Clayton Hickman got vibes from it at least. 

I had thought I'd deleted the original version but on looking found that I hadn't. 

It's actually composed of a shot of Jodie from the SDCC Fashion Show she gatecrashed combined with a similar shot to the one used on the original annual - one of the 5th Doctor, Tegan and Turlough in the TARDIS control room from Terminus. Jodie is hiding the Doctor whilst the companions have been removed and (crudely) replaced with cloned roundels from other parts of the picture. I've also had to add costume elements to Jodie as she wasn't in full costume. 

It's all a bit rough and ready. There's no texture on her culottes. The pic wasn't meant to be seen in its entirety as part of the annual cover.

But here it is... together with a version of it tarted up to look like an issue of Doctor Who Weekly.

JODIE WHITTAKER IS THE NEW DOCTOR WHO!!!




































If you liked this post (or indeed, any of the 400 odd others I've done over the years), why not buy me a coffee at my Ko-fi profile. The link is here.