Thursday 20 April 2017

The Return of the Men from U.N.I.T.

One of the first silly merchandise mash-ups I did was a selection of paperback book covers for a UNIT spin-off series based on the design of the UK Man from UNCLE paperbacks that once littered the shelves of second hand bookshops in my youth. You can see them here

I had always intended to go back to them and create fuller covers with proper blurb, better photos and more accurate fonts. I finally got the urge a few days ago. 

However, in searching the internet for source material, I came across the US covers for the original UNCLE novels which, arguably were more on-brand than their UK counterparts. They looked more hip as well..

So I diverted my original intention into creating new covers based on these for Doctor Who's seventh season. I hope you find them at least vaguely amusing.