Friday 23 October 2015

Vintage Doctor Who Target books to come...

If you've been following my Twitter feed and/or subscribe to the 'Off Target' Facebook group, you'll have seen some of my recent Target book covers - most of which I have yet to post on here. 

With my creative juices at a bit of a low at the moment, I set about producing these vintage style covers for the 1960s Doctor Who stories. There's no rhyme or reason for the titles chosen for this little project - just the availability of visual material for them.

I've kept to a few rules on these covers. The logo is the one used on the original Target releases and has to be either black on white or white on black. I also tried to make the images used unusual and not what any sane person would choose. Likewise with the choice of colours for the images that have been - somewhat crudely - colourised. 

I will admit that I've been a free and easy with keeping to the overall style of the original covers, going for a more retro-70s look than keeping to Chris Achileos' unique take on them. 

I hope you like them. I'll post larger versions over the coming days but in the meantime, here's a mocked-up flyer for them...