Saturday 28 March 2015

Happy Tenth Anniversary to New Doctor Who!

I was going to wait until new Doctor Who's tenth anniversary next Saturday before posting this cheeky piece of artwork (based on an early 80s classic) but I thought - what the heck! - why not today instead?

What's that I hear you all say? The anniversary of new Doctor Who was last Thursday? The 26th March?

Well, yes it is... technically! But I'm the sort of person who attaches a lot of meaning to things feeling right. Last Thursday did FEEL like the anniversary. To me, new Doctor Who started on Easter Saturday 2005. And next Saturday is that date ten years on for me. 

So do forgive me this little foible. I'm saving myself up for next Saturday.

If you need any further convincing then see ITV - who are celebrating the anniversary by launching a reimagined version of one of their own highly successful telefantasy TV shows from the sixties on that day in the form of 'Thunderbirds Are Go'

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!