Sunday 28 October 2018

A few unofficial 60s Doctor Who LPs...

Someone brought up the subject of Russ Conway on Twitter last week and it reminded me of the LP we had when I was a toddler. "Russ Conway's Family Favourites" on which the popular pianist hammered out renditions of such standard melodies as "Keep Right On Till The End Of The Road", "MacNamara's Band" and other 'lost' delights from a bygone era. I seem to recall a scratch on the record during "MacNamara's Band" resulting in the last few notes repeating endlessly. That's what "MacNamara's Band" means to be... 


Anyhow, here's Russ Conway's collection of Doctor Who music what he recorded and released back in the late 60s. Like everything else on this blog, it's unavailable. 

As are the other two LPs...


If you liked this post (or indeed, any of the 400 odd others I've done over the years), why not buy me a coffee at my Ko-fi profile. The link is here.