Monday 27 February 2017

Doctor Who Series Nine - Modern Book Covers

One of the problems doing those faux Target book covers for series eight and nine of Doctor Who was the lack of visual material available for them prior to the actual broadcast of the episodes. I argued that if the covers were being done in the 70s/80s, then the cover artists would be in a similar situation... And they were. Check out the covers for Destiny of the Daleks and The Five Doctors

Now with the episodes well and truly in the past (and the threat of a new series - and new covers (!) - mere weeks away now), I thought it would be fun to revisit the last two series and take advantage of the plethora of photographs available across the Internet to produce them. 

I also wanted to hone my Photoshop skills to produce something a little more modern and commercial. As such, I've designed them to look like modern novels - of the kind currently produced by BBC Books. And just to put my own mark on them, I've given them my own logo of sorts. Well, it's just letters in a fancy font really... but you get the gist.