Sunday 5 April 2020

Lockdown Doctor Who Posters

There was a global re-watch of the very first nu-Who episode 'Rose' a week or two back. It followed on from an equally popular one for 'Day of the Doctor'. Loads of folk took part. Steven Moffat and Russell T Davies even joined Twitter to take part. Both of them supplied some new short stories to complement the episodes. The two events even made the BBC news showcasing the diverse fans from around the world - Brazil, Japan, Moscow, Italy, Australia - who joined in with the love.

I did my little bit and produced a cinema poster for 'Rose' in the style of the 1950s sci-fi film 'Invaders from Mars' (like those Supermarionation ones I did a few posts ago). I quite enjoyed doing it. So I did one for 'The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky' based on the famous poster for 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'. I've no idea how the two connect up but the end result is quite pretty. 

I might do some more. 




If you like these, then buy this struggling artist a coffee via his Ko-fi account. He'd like that. He'd like that a lot. Thank you.