Wednesday 3 February 2016

Classic Doctor Who novels re-branding - the fifth Doctor

For Peter Davison's term as Dr Who, I've completely re-done the logo. Collectors of old pop compilation LP records will no doubt recognise its origins. I wanted something that spat 'the eighties' and I think I've got that. 

Some people hate it, but they tend to be the ones who don't get the fact I'm attempting to recreate something akin to the decades that the episodes were originally transmitted. I'd have to say that I'd have been appalled if they had gone for something like that at the time. 

In most cases, the strap line on each cover highlights some of the tantalising questions asked in the Radio Times listings during the show's first run. I will admit that I got a bit carried away and started making my own up as the covers went on...

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this bumper crop of covers...