Sunday 17 January 2016

Classic Doctor Who novels re-branding - season thirteen

I had hoped to take a break from doing these. They were something to do in the downtime over the holiday period. However...

I caught a glimpse of the anti-matter monster from Planet of Evil online. It's the pic of the studio costume BEFORE it was fed into the Top of the Pops video effect filter and was sent to menace Tom Baker in the final production. The creature appears to be made from a grey silk-like material in actuality. I thought I'd have a go at trying to re-create the final effect in Photoshop.

And one thing led to another and I ended up mocking up a 70s style cover for the story... 

Rather than go with the old Target branding, I've taken the liberty of dipping into another alternate universe where popular annual and colouring book publishers, World Distributors, took over the novelisation line. (A bit unlikely I know - even for the seventies - but these alternate universes that pop up in my office are somewhat weird anyway...) 

I ended up doing the whole of season thirteen in the end...